Sunday, May 9, 2010

Today I am Thankful...

I know I've had a lot of poor me moments in the last few months. I have had a lot of bad days, a lot of stressful appointments and meetings...

But, today I am thankful. Thankful that I brought Andy to life 7 years ago.

Thankful that I have experienced the sleepless nights, the illnesses, the meltdowns, the appointments, and the 504 meetings...

Lots of people are never blessed with children. Lots of people yearn to be parents but never get to be.

So, I will endure the stress, and the tears, and the pain, and I will be thankful.

Thank you, Tom, for loving me and helping me become a Mom. Thank you for being a terrific Dad and playing board games for hours with the boys.

Thank you, Andy, for being my first born...for teaching me what true love really is. Thank you for making me realize how much I can possibly love another human being through the good and the bad. Thanks for rubbing my back when you stand next to me. Thank you for your brilliant mind and for keeping me on my toes. Always.

Thank you, Nate, for being my second born. Thank you for teaching me that I can love another child just as much as the first. Thank you for your sweet face, and your stubborn personality. Thank you for your "lovins" that you give me whenever I ask. And thanks for making me laugh. Every single day.

I have a lot to be thankful for, and even more so on this day. I'm so grateful to be a Mom, especially to such wonderful, loving little boys.

Now go and tell all of the important women in your life how much you love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment