Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ready, and Waiting...

I've filled out the paperwork. I've talked to the doctor at the clinic.

The papers were given to the pediatrician for her portion to be completed.

Now we wait.

We will be getting called with our appointment information soon. It will be a few months before we actually get in, but I am excited and hopeful.

The clinic sounds amazing. I spoke to one of the doctors at the clinic, and the evaluation process sounds thorough. It sounds much better than the neurologist who, after only 20 minutes, insisted my son does not have Asperger's.

I will keep you posted. Once we have an appointment, I will yell it from the mountain tops. I'm so excited to have the chance for Andy to be evaluated by this great clinic.

But most of all, I'm ready to finally have a definitive answer one way or the other.

In the meantime, we wait.

Andy's school finally made a decision about summer school. With the recent budget issues, they thought they weren't going to be able to offer it. But, at the last minute, they came through. It will be only 3 weeks, and half days, but I'm grateful. Andy going a whole summer without school would equal a nightmare in the fall.

They've selected his teacher for next year, and I hear she's phenomenal. She's been teaching for years, and seems to be warm and fuzzy, which he needs. She's won teaching awards, and I've heard a lot of wonderful things about her.

Hopefully our evaluation will be completed before the start of the next school year so we can get an IEP in place before the first day.

That's it for us. We are excited and, ready and waiting!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like things all around are looking up:) Glad to hear it! Hope you get an appointment soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog through the SPD blog carnival. Was in your shoes last fall with my 4 year old - our pediatrician kept saying that he wasn't on the spectrum, but had spectrum-like mannerisms. To her credit she helped us get an appointment quickly with the developmental MD who gave us a ASD diagnosis at Christmastime. We know his SPD drives a lot of his issues too. The diagnosis, while heartbreaking, was a relief as well.
    I hope you get an appointment soon and get all the answers you want.
    Alysia
    http://trydefyinggravity.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete