Thursday, April 1, 2010

Having 2 SPD Kiddos in the House...

I may just have to rip my hair out.

It has been a rough few days for Nate SPD-wise. Luckily, Andy has had a few good days. I can handle it, I think, if they keep up the alternate day thing...

However, today, it seems to be a bad day for both. Lots of tears, lots of sensory seeking that involves hitting/banging into each other, which then leads to more tears.

My auditory hypersensitive son doesn't want to hear his auditory hyposensitive brother talk incessantly, so there's lots of yelling, then more tears.

Then there's my favorite, "he's not being nice to me" "no, HE'S not being nice to ME".

I may just run away.

Ok, so I can't run away, but a girl can dream, right? Is it almost bedtime?

2 comments:

  1. sending big hugs your way! Having one kiddo in my house is difficult. I couldn't imagine if my other son had concerns as well. It's hard enough on the days when he hasn't slept well and we get times like you just described. My heart goes out to you. Know that you will find the strength to keep going. And, you have all of us to help you when you're hanging on by a thread:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll make it... trust me,it will get better.. I know it seems like a dead end road some days, but keep up with the sensory diet, make those "accomdations" you gotta make w/SPD kids, and one day, you will see results..slow at first, but less meltdowns, etc.. I feel for you!

    ReplyDelete