Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sometimes this SPD thing just sucks!

Bear with me here.

I'm having one of those "poor me" moments.

Why is it solely my responsibility to schedule, coordinate, and keep all doctor, OT, and school appointments?

Why is it me who gets the brunt of the emotional meltdowns?

Why is it me who has to constantly remind others in our family that Andy isn't being difficult...that he has SPD?

Why is it me who has to say, "I really don't think it's a good idea to go to the basketball game/birthday party/other loud overstimulating event with Andy right now"?

Why does God overestimate my abilities to hold it together?

I go through phases where things are ok...we have a good routine, Andy is doing well, life is good. Then we go through periods where he's all out of whack and emotional, and it becomes absolutely draining. Times like those make me wonder why.

Why me?

Why him?

Why our family?

Why is it just so hard?

3 comments:

  1. I feel you so much Brandi! It sucks to have days like this, but we all have them once and a while ;) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all get ovewhelmed sometimes. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGHHH!! I am going through and reading every one of your blog posts!! This is so me right now.

    ReplyDelete