Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sorry it's been a while...

I've been feeling under the weather. Don't worry, though. I'm not ill.

I'm just pregnant.

That's right...we have a baby on the way. It's an "unplanned miracle" that I wasn't quite ready for.

In fact, I had come to terms with the fact that there would be no more babies in my future. I had talked to my pediatrician, and my husband and I had discussed it for hours on end. We felt that with Andy's issues it might be better that we not have any more children.

Once we came to that decision, I cried, I grieved, and then I felt at peace. That was in April.

So imagine my surprise when I found out that God had a different plan for us! The shock has now worn off and we are ecstatic and very happy about this gift we have been given.

However, the nausea has been horrendous, and I've had a few other minor issues. It's been enough that I just haven't had the time or the energy to keep up with my blog. But, I'm hoping things will be a little more calm here in the next few months and I can jump back in the action.

So, that's what is new with us. I will try to update more regularly.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!
    well if our stories couldn't be more familiar...our third was a surprise as well. After my second son was born we were told I probably couldn't get pregnant again, and when he started having all his issues we agreed that two was just right for us. Imagine my surprise when I started getting sick and my pants wouldn't fit (at 6 weeks!!) I cried for a good two months, then embraced it and couldn't imagine any differently, of course.
    Hang in there! I am with you all the way.
    (and just for the record, everyone says baby#3 is easier because they have to be...and so far, it's totally true :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. to steal a quote from one of my favorite movies... Keep movin' forward!
    Don't worry I will be here when you are feeling more like blogging again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats to you! Life has a funny way of doing things like this to us doesn't it! Hope the nausea takes a vacation and allows you to enjoy this truly wonderful gift:) Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! What a blessing! Hang in there and hopefully all of the nausea and stuff will be better soon. How exciting! Enjoy every minute and congratulations.

    ReplyDelete